The Health, Environmental, Safety and Security (HES&S) Department is currently reviewing applications and resumes for the salaried position of HESS&S Specialist I.
This position is responsible for ensuring the facility is in compliance with EPA air regulations (New Source Performance Standards, National Emissions Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants, PA Codes) In addition knowledge of water (40 CFR 419), waste (40 CFR 260-265), storage tank (PA Code Chapter 245) and remediation (PA Code Chapter 245 Act 2) regulations. This positon will prepare and submit reports to the Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection and the U.S. EPA as well as disseminate information to affected parties within American Refining Group.
o Responsible for specific compliance requirements included in ARG's Title V Operating Permit including:
Leak Detection and Repair program management (monitoring and recordkeeping)
EPA Method 9 visible emission certification and conduct daily observations for ARG's fugitive & visible emissions compliance.
Obtain analytical lab samples related to greenhouse gas, benzene fence line monitoring, and other State/NSPS/NESHAP compliance programs
Conduct flue gas emission testing
- Storage Tanks
o A solid knowledge base in PA Code Chapter 1245 265 to be able to interpret, practice and advise around regulatory requirements in association with storage tanks responsibilities.
o A solid knowledge base around 40CFR 419 265 to be able to interpret, practice and advise around regulatory requirements in association with water responsibilities.
o A solid knowledge around 40CFR 260-265 to be able to interpret, practice and advise around regulatory requirements in association with waste responsibilities.
- Remediation experience a plus
- Bachelor Degree in Science or Related field
- 4-8 years' experience; preferred proficient competency level in two specialty areas (i.e. water/waste)
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Strong Science background with strong understanding of chemistry
- Ability to lift 50lbs
- Occasional work from heights required
- Respirator fit test & ERT Team participation required
Individual Contributor Competencies
- Must be proficient in Interpreting Regulations and application of associated regulations
- Possesses Effective Communication Skills
- Demonstrates a Collaborative style
- Drives for Results
- Makes Decisions/Solves Problems
- Pursues personal development
- Possesses Interpersonal Savvy (Supplier/Customer/Regulatory Agencies Relationships)
- Proactive and organized
Anyone who is interested should apply on-line.